November and December are shaping up to be amazing months for newly released movie. Like the entirety of 2012, the movies coming out over the next eight weeks are exceptional. I was disappointed in the 2011 movie season and think 2013 better step its game up! 2012 has been amazing movie wise.
1. Wreck It Ralph – November 2nd. An animated movie by Disney, this is a video game themed movie in which the titular character is tired of being the bad character and decides to be a Good Guy.
2. Flight – November 2nd – Denzel Washington plays an airline pilot that lands a crashing plane and faces unanswered questions of its crash afterwards.
3. Skyfall – November 9th. The latest James Bond film, 007 finds himself protecting M when the past comes back to kill her.
4. The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 – November 16th. This will be the last film in the Twilight saga as the Cullens and their trusted allies face off against the mighty Volturi.
5. Rise of the Guardians – November 21st. Another animated movie that I think must be seen! Childhood heroes such as Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny face off against an evil antagonist that is bent on taking over the world.
6. Life of Pi – November 21st. A novel adaption, this picturesque movie is about a young man who had a fantastic adventure after a disaster in the middle of the ocean.
7. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – December 14th. This is the prequel to The Lord of the Rings trilogy and it follows Bilbo Baggins and his journey with Gandalf the Grey
8. Jack Reacher – December 21st. Tom Cruise stars as an ex-military homicide investigator searching for the truth about the shooting of five people.
9. Les Miserables – December 25th. A film adaption of the popular stage play, Les Miserables tells the lives of five characters. The amazing thing is the actors sung the songs live instead of prerecording them!
10. Django Unchained – December 25th. Quentin Tatantino’s movie about a freed slave (Jamie Foxx) being trained to become a bounty hunter.