My lovely Cadette sister Frances was talking about her 2011 Goals List. I’m incredibly inspired by her as she is crossing off quite a bit from her list.
Although I would like to keep yearly goals, I know that I think in long term goals. I recently turned 24 and there have always been goals that I wanted to reach before I turn 30. As i creep towards being ‘over the hill’ – or so it seems – I have made a list of 30 goals that I would like to attempt to do before I turn the big 3-0.
1. Finish college
- YAY, I am a college graduate. Although I have already completed this, I included it on the list because it has also been a very important goal to me.
2. Complete a Fiction Novel
- I have several unfinished manuscripts. I would like to actual finish a novel before 30 and publish one before I kick the bucket.
3. Vaction in Vegas
- I’ve never been so it would be super fun. I think I would save this for my 30th birthday.
4. Study at Oxford University
- I missed my opportunity to study at Oxford back in college and it is one of the moments I greatly regret in my life. Here’s to hoping I can at least take a class or visit the University before 30.
5. Visit another country not in the Americas
- Top choices are England and Japan.
6. Get a tattoo
- This all depends on my career path because I totally just want tattoos were they are visible. I would love the Assassin’s Creed logo on my left wrist and Data Ports from Ghost in the Shell on the back of my neck.
7. Get more piercings
- Microdermals in my back, please.
8. Get a job doing what I love
- Such a huge goal for me. I need a job, no, a CAREER doing what I would love. Writing within the gaming or film industry (or both!) would be ideal.
9. Start and finish my dream costume
- Ashe’s wedding dress from Final Fantasy 12 has been my dream costume since the game released.
10. Win a costume award
- and, you know, actual competing in a contest.
11. Attend a film festival
- Whether it be the Toronto International Film Fest or Fantastic Fest, I would love love love to attend a film festival
12. Attend San Diego Comic Con,
E3, and Dragon*con
- These three conventions/events have always been on my MUST ATTEND list. I was lucky enough to knock out E3 and Dragon*Con in one year. Looking at you, Comic Con!
13. Learn more about photography
- I have way too many hobbies at the moment to take on another, but I would absolutely love to learn photography
14. Fill a sketch book with art: horrible or good
- This is absolutely important to me as I haven’t drawn anything since before high school. Been far too long! I plan to get a sketch book very soon.
15. Move out of my hometown
- I have technically already done this during college, but I want to move further away!
15a. To San Francisco, California – BIG GOAL. I would love to move to California in general, but San Francisco is ideal
15b. To North Carolina on a lake – I’d pretty much settle to live on Lake Norman in North Carolina, which is about 19 miles from Charlotte.
Stay tuned for PART 2!